We are pleased to offer a variety of services to our students as outlined on this page. These services may be accessed by all students − those studying on campus and those participating in hybrid coursework − whenever they are on campus during our normal operating hours.
Career and Academic Advisors
Career & Academic Advisors are available to students and College applicants who are interested in career exploration and career decision making, including training options. Occupational interests, transferrable skills, and other factors that contribute to developing informed training and employment goals can be reviewed with career guidance staff in Student Services. Advisors are available to review progress and program issues and to make modifications as needed during the training process. To ask about career and academic advising services, please call us at (801) 593-2332.
Have you ever wondered what you wanted to be when you grow up? It doesn’t matter what age you are. It doesn’t matter where you are in your career. If you feel that your current job or career is not for you, come see the counselors in Student Services.
When considering the kind of career for you consider these questions:
- What where my favorite classes in high school and/or college?
- What did I like about my last job? i.e. schedule, duties, environment.
- What are my interests or hobbies?
- How much do I want to make?
- What do I like to do in my spare time?
- What have I always dreamed of doing?
In order to answer these and other questions more concretely, go to utahfutures.org
- On the main page click on create new profile and fill out the required information.
- After returning to the main page, click on the Career Interest Surveys.
- Choose either the Interest Inventory or the Career Cluster Inventory.
- At the end of each of these assessments, you will have a chance to save your profile. Please take the time to do this: Near the upper right hand corner of the web page is a save button, click on it. Click SAVE at the bottom of the page. If you would like to add some comments, you may.
Please consider using other assessments and searches that have been developed for Utah Futures. The more time spent doing research, the better decision can be made.
For students who are nearing graduation, job placement services are available. You may make an appointment with the Career Placement Specialist who will sit down with you one-on-one and review your resume and make recommendations. The Specialist will then work to match your newly acquired skills to available openings in the job market*. You will also be given a list of databases and additional resources to assist in your job search.
To take advantage of these services please call Keith Collinwood at 801-593-2335, or email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Placement not guaranteed. Based on availability.