To enroll in a program at Davis Technical College program, students must meet designated College Admissions Requirements.
Davis Tech uses the TABE (Test for Adult Basic Education) assessments, which evaluate skill levels and the aptitudes needed to be successful in each program.
Admissions Assessment Requirements
Depending on the program, you may be required to test for Math (Computation and Applied), Reading, Language, or Spelling (high school level). In addition, some programs include Computer Skills Assessments or Typing.
- Math: addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, percentages, and decimals.
- Reading: vocabulary and comprehension.
- Language: spelling, punctuation, grammar, sentence and paragraph structure, etc.
- Computer Skills: Microsoft Office 2013 (operating systems and e-mail, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint).
- Typing: minimum 30 wpm.
External Documentation (Test Waive)
Program admission requirements may be met by providing transcripts of prior academic learning such as college or high school. Page 2 of the College Admissions Requirements document details accepted documentation.
Admissions Assessments are covered by the Davis Tech Enrollment Fee. There is a $5.00 re-test fee if you need to re-take any of the tests.
Test Preparation/Useful Websites
There are many free online websites, guides, resources and practice tests to help you help you successfully prepare for your assessments. YouTube is also a great resource for instructional “how to” videos. Some are listed below or you could simply search on Google for: TABE 9D (Math, Reading, Spelling) practice tests or Computation Math, Applied Math, etc.
- Below are some guides and suggested website links:
- Reading, Writing, Spelling
- IXL Language Arts
- Computer Skills
- SIMnet is the testing program used to demonstrate computer competence. Search for "tutorials in Microsoft Office Windows 2013 [E-mail and Operating Systems, Word, Excel, PowerPoint]" and "SIMnet Microsoft Office 2013 Practice Tests." (YouTube has some useful video guides).